Friday 29 January 2010

Domestic Goddess?

I've had an odd sewing urge. I have been doing difficult leotard sewing - B & J have their first competition in a weeks time - and thought that since all the sewing stuff was out I would do something for me. So, using stash fabric (from Ikea), I made Amy Butler's Domestic Goddess Apron (from Five Valleys Designs - thanks Kirsty). The main fabric was really a little heavy, but I love it so I used it anyway. It's bizarre - has goats on humpbacked bridges, and snow topped mountains. Anyway, I was really pleased with the finished product - it's a very detailed pattern, which took quite a lot longer to make than I had expected, but I will make it again.

Possibly not most flattering modelled over a heavy handknit sweater, but it is winter....

See, I do actually have a waist, honest! And several chins....

Do you like the mountaineer? And the fighting goats? Mental!

Will post pic's of the leotards when I have managed to make 2 pairs of matching shorts ( don't hold your breath!). Was in Ikea today, and saw another mental print, with a huge red fox, pink squirrel and a red-eyed rabbit. I plan to make a bag with that......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hee. What a great apron. I love it beyond reason.