Monday 21 September 2009

Big school visits!

Today has been my first trip to look at schools for M to go to in 2 years, when he leaves primary school. I have to do this a year earlier than other parents as he has a statement (of special educational needs) so he gets priority when we choose a school, and the school need time to put resources in place. So I started with my nearest school. It doesn't have a great reputation, the buildings are tatty, but the people I spoke to knew what they were talking about. It's also the smallest senior school around (only 280 pupils, lots of SEN kids), and it's given me LOTS to think about. I'm not sure I'm qualified to make this decision!

On the plus side, as the old sofas have finally given in to the onslaught of hyper boys jumping on them for the last nearly 10 years, so I ordered a new sofa today. Yay! Of course, I ordered it on the internet, which could be risky, but it will fit the rather awkward space we have. Lets hope it's good.

Tomorrow I plan to get down to the poor allotment and continue the battle to reclaim it after the summer of terminal neglect! And obviously, more knitting. My secret project is getting there, and it will be done in time, but I keep wanting to cast on new and exciting projects!

No comments: