Tuesday 22 September 2009

Teaching the wrong lesson

One of the more annoying constants in my life at the moment is that M finds extreme reactions irresistably funny. So much so that he lurks around corners, then leaps out and roars in people's faces and giggles himself silly at their surprised reaction. This morning he kept on surprising B&J and as always they kept on reacting in exactly the way that M wants. I got so fed up with this that I stomped up the stairs to tell B&J that they have got to stop reacting to M otherwise he will NEVER stop, and it's really annoying. Unfortunately, although I had made plenty of noise going up the stairs they hadn't heard me. So as I turned the corner to M's room and said "Right, if you two don't......" they both leapt about a foot in the air, B nearly fell over, and J threw the toy he was carrying half way across the room to land on M's bed. M nearly wet himself laughing "Good one, Mum".

Yet another example of how not to do it!

1 comment:

P said...

I'm always, always, always awed by your parenting prowess. The lesson the boys should learn from this is ... mummy prowls like a tiger & can be just as scary