Saturday 26 September 2009

Glam rock leotards!





So I finally bit the bullet yesterday and decided to tackle the competition leotards for B & J. They have to have a high neck, zip back and short sleeves. There are obviously no patterns available for this! So I found a pattern for boys plain leotards (so the sizing is right) and a mens swimwear pattern thathad a high necked rash vest type of top with raglan sleeves and contrast stripe down the side. So then I had to blend the two. And it looks like I got it almost right first time! The boys chose the fabrics - their routine is to "Cliffs of Dover" by Eric Johnson, and is a guitar track. There are air guitar style moves in the routine, and they have definitely gone for glam rock looking materials - wet look and red/glittery! By the way, the neck does fit perfectly - the top picture was taken before it was fully zipped up. There are a couple of changes to make for the next one, but I'm pretty pleased. I ROCK at leotards!!!


No comments: